Wednesday, November 14, 2012

UOJ Argument - Big Yolk - Not What It Is Cracked Up To Be.
Eggsperts Scramble for Answer

"Where's my Thrivent grant?"

twissted_sisster has left a new comment on your post "Another Jack - Not Kilcrease - Suffers from Delusi...":

Pastor Rydecki has clearly stated his position on the Doctrine of Justification. Many other pastors and lay people, along with his own congregation have searched the Scriptures and concur with his belief and teachings. It seems the whole argument has been reduced to, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Please don't insult my intelligence.

***

GJ - Jack Cascione did not bother to ask me if I suddenly began writing anonymous articles to send to Herman Otten via another person. That is Jack's contention. Cascione proved he could not read with comprehension when he threw out his guesses about who dared criticize his precious UOJ.

Otten could have emailed the article to me, since he does contact me by phone and email. But he sent it only to UOJ Enthusiasts Cascione and Bartling.  Most of the clergy do not have enough faith to discuss issues out in the open, using their own names, so I get blamed whenever storm clouds appear over Cistern Flats, Iowa or Wanoocha Springs, Wisconsin.

I found it amusing that Otten had to feature two front-page stories against justification by faith while claiming later that he had no room for a Missouri pastor's critique of UOJ. How often have you heard, "Do not start your own publications. Send them to Christian News"? I have lost track. When people object to articles being deliberately spiked, the Otten response is - "Start your own paper."

That is a good summary of SynCon thinking, which not too discerning. If I had to plant my flag next to Walther, who was Stephan's pimp and later his kidnapper, I would be just as confused.

Who is the greatest Biblical expositor of all time, according to Protestants everywhere (and some Catholics)?

Answer - Martin Luther.

I would begin with Luther rather than a syphilitic bishop - and his enforcer and pimp. SynCon loyalists will spit out their coffee, choking on their Antabuse tablets and yelling, "How can he slander my beloved synod and the Great Walther?"

As Luther taught so clearly, we have to begin with the Holy Spirit teaching us through the Word, not by identifying with one mortal man or another. Walther, like Stephan, taught himself - not the Word.

Walther toppled the Bishop and appointed himself Pope. To this day, SynCons draw all their wisdom from the college graduate whose spiritual formation came from cell groups led by Halle graduates.

The UOJ Enthusiasts attach themselves to recent heroes, so they imagine their opponents must have a similar training academy and hazing rituals. My only purpose in taunting some and amusing others is to get them involved in Luther, the Book of Concord, and a few of the great theologians (Chemnitz, Chytraeus, Gerhard).

I am happy to publish the opinions of UOJ, because their wisdom makes me burst into tears - tears of laughter.

Do they reciprocate and say, "Jackson believes in justification by faith, so we must disagree because..."?

I cannot convince anybody. I am pleased if my posts have encouraged the study of the Word. The Scriptures judge all human books and all human authorities. That is why we must gasp in disgust when SynCons use Holy Mother Synod or a confused essay as the ultimate authority.