Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Winter Lull in Teaching Invites More Publishing

More books? No!!


There are three main areas of publishing coming up:
  1. The Justification book will be revised and expanded, with the long-expected extra research added soon. My part will add a chapter on Walther's Pietism, the Walther mythology promoted by the LCMS (with obvious deceit), and the truth about Stephan. Another section will deal with Huber's post-Concord enthusiasm for UOJ, the origin of the Robert Preus quotations.
  2. I expect to get a rough draft done or at least started on the murder mystery, which is designed to be an entertaining apologetic. My non-Ichabod friends are very interested while the Ichabodians are deadly silent. That is the idea, since the book is aimed at outsiders.
  3. I am going to expand into e-books so that others can participate. I have unseen helpers who can increase the number of titles produced. Every title will still be available in print, but each will be planned as e-books and promoted with Google AdWord (which I tried for free). I know next to nothing about this area, so it will be learning by doing and getting advice from others. I visited a bookstore today, and the front entrance featured e-book readers, which Mrs. I. has already tried and appreciated.

  • "Nobody reads Ichabod," but the page-reads since June of 2010 total 837,000. 
  • Bethany's site has another 13,000 page-reads in the same time period. 
  • Moline Memories has 37,000 page-reads. 
  • Sassy Sue and Friends has around 9,000 page-reads.


I enjoy the ongoing efforts to thwart, block, silence, and refute what I post. That has come back to bite more than one person, simply because the suppressed truth has a way of emerging on its own, without any help from me.