Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wendland's Advice Unheeded:
600,000 Page-Reads Since June, 2010,
Over 3,000 Page-Reads Already Today.

WELS should heed the advice of Henry Eyster Jacobs,
not the hypocritical warnings of Wendland, Mequon beehive manager.


I was going to post early about the WELS convention being another Methodist gathering, feasting on its old memories, comatose about doctrine, grabbing for signs of hope.

I went to a Methodist gathering 25 years ago because they invited me by mail. Nevertheless, they were surprised to have a visitor and not exactly welcoming. I had lunch with two of the conservatives (Pentecostal types). I thought this exchange was illuminating.

"Did you see the new District Superintendent's column on prayer?" (A DS is a district president - with even less spine.)

"Yes I did."

"That was encouraging. She might work out well."

I was going to post that conversation and use my Dephic Oracle graphic afterwards, when parsons found signs of hope in a given event or election.

WELS started with UOJ. The Kokomo Statements are a "caricature of WELS on justification", a caricature taken almost verbatim from Meyer's Ministers of Christ, which WELS just reprinted this year.