Friday, July 22, 2011

The St. John Lutheran Church Pipe Organ Recital:
This Sunday at 3 PM





rlschultz has left a new comment on your post "Tudored by History: We Need To Know Our Past. WELS...":

Several years after the WELS kicked out St. John, I was talking with my former pastor about this beautiful church. He made the comment, "well, it is just too bad that St. John's cannot get back into the synod". As Rod Serling would say - "submitted for your consideration". In my opinion, what happened to St. John's is symbolic, if not a microcosm of the direction that the dying WELS is taken. The WELS leadership could care less about Bading and Brenner now that they have Fuller to look up to. I am bringing along a friend of mine, who is blind, to the organ recital. Although he is a jaded ex-Roman Catholic, he appreciates good music, good acoustics, grand church architecture, and has a collection of organ recitals that were recorded live at different churches. Through the conversations that I have had with him, he knows more about the Lutheran Church than most WELS laity. I am looking forward to this Sunday.