Thursday, July 14, 2011

WELS Excommunicated Rick Tecklin, Joe and Lisa Krohn,
For Supporting the Alleged Position of WELS


Responses to Rick Techlin's Excommunication:
  1. Scott E. Jungen
    Rick,
    As tempting as it is to say what I want, I won’t. The Lord’s blessing to you.
    Scott E. Jungen

  2. I am very sad to hear this, Rick. I am still behind you 100%. If there is any way in which I can be of assistance to you, please let me know.

  3. on July 9, 2011 at 11:26 am Aaron Palmer
    There is no justice in this, not even basic fairness. I’ve actually spent most of my career as a historian studying justice and law (often its abuses). Even the 1740 South Carolina Slave Code stated the following: “Natural justice forbids that any person of what condition soever be condemned unheard.” Yet this congregation and this district appeals board have done so, violating a principle that even slave owners felt compelled to write into law. I am ashamed of my synod and most especially the wolves in sheep’s clothing who have perpetrated this travesty.
    Lord’s blessings to your and your family in these difficult times. I wish I had the power to do more than just offer encouragement.
    Dr. Aaron Palmer

  4. Dear Rick…May the Lord go with you as well. You are in our prayers. This is all so troublesome. Your situation will need to be dealt with. The dispute can not go on between you, the pastors who are communing you and the leadership of the district in which you reside. In Christ, Joe

  5. on July 9, 2011 at 12:08 pm Tony Kubek Jr
    Dear Rick,
    Those holding positions in our circuit, the Northern Wisconsin District and the synod level have abdicated their responsibility to preserve doctrinal purity. They have lost their credibility among some they are to serve. As enablers, those who allow the issues surrounding your situation to continue unresolved should be held accountable.
    Tony Kubek Jr

  6. ‘As enablers, those who allow the issues surrounding your situation to continue unresolved should be held accountable.’
    Doesn’t that go straight to the top of the synod? To whom shall the case be appealed? A word or two directly from Pres. Schroeder is in order. To me alot is riding on this situation and that of the Krohn family in Texas. These being the two most prominent cases since you both graciously keep the rest of us informed via your blogs. How many other similar cases are out there now flying under the radar that we are not aware of, I wonder? To me, there is alot riding on the on the outcome that eventually must be addressed in some sort of a higher appeal. I think the synod leaders know the division and split that will be brought about should a definitive answer and so-called resolution be brought about. Although I’m not hopeful for anything to be resolved by the Synod in convention at the end of the month, these and matters like these should be top priority in my humble opinion. I’m just a one girl, but one girl whose entire family are life-long WELS members who have supported this synod in countless ways. Sad to say it but I am on the brink of removing my membership from the WELS. Not that I want to leave, but sadly ~ it has left me.

  7. on July 11, 2011 at 11:49 am Aaron Palmer
    I received an interesting phone call this morning from a member of Trinity Lutheran in Neenah (Pastor Englebrecht’s congregation) who I will not identify. He was none too happy about my comments in support of Mr. Techlin and seems to think that I am a “piece of work” to use his exact words. Thanks for the pleasant conversation Mr. X. No morning is complete without a good berating through my cell phone!
    Dr. Aaron Palmer

  8. With God all things are possible and it is my prayer that WELS will take a hard look at the bad doctrines that are leading the synod away from the Confessions, but more importantly the Scriptures. In reality I am not at all confident in our situation based on what has happened to Rick. Our issue is much deeper seeded with an unrelenting, long and sordid past surrounding it. It is my honor to go with those who have gone down before me standing on the truth of the Word.
    Joe Krohn

  9. on July 11, 2011 at 9:13 pm Scott E. Jungen
    Dr. Palmer,
    When they squeal, you know you’re on the right path! From what I’ve read from you, you are a “piece of work,” a good one! Rick, hang in there!
    Scott E. Jungen

  10. I pray that those of you commenting please contact the other individuals as well in keeping with the 8th Commandment.
    thank you.

  11. on July 12, 2011 at 2:59 pm Aaron Palmer
    Mr. Vik,
    I will allow Luther to respond to this talking point about the eighth commandment. I say talking point because I have heard almost the exact statement you have made over and over again regarding this and other similar issues:

    “All this has been said regarding secret sins. But where the sin is quite public so that the judge and everybody know it, you can without any sin avoid him and let him go, because he has brought himself into disgrace, and you may also publicly testify concerning him. For when a matter is public in the light of day, there can be no slandering or false judging or testifying; as, when we now reprove the Pope with his doctrine, which is publicly set forth in books and proclaimed in all the world. For where the sin is public, the reproof also must be public, that every one may learn to guard against it.” (Luther’s Large Catechism, 8th Commandment, Paragraph 284, http://www.bookofconcord.org / Concordia Triglotta).

    I do not think any of us are commenting here or elsewhere out of an evil desire to be vicious or spiteful, but stern words are sometimes needed. Do not mistake indignation for malice.
    Dr. Aaron Palmer

  12. Matthew,
    I hope that you are not using the 8th commandment as a veil for indefensible doctrine and practice. I also pray that you think the best of your brethren (cf. 1 Corinthians 13:7) and assume that we already have contacted the individuals accused of these heinous crimes.