Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Oracle of Ichabod:
Mystery of the Sistine Chapel Revealed

Cleaning up the Sistine Chapel fresco revealed many new details in the artwork,
including the name of the Dephic Oracle.


I wonder why people are so quick to doubt my observations and predictions.

I published my thoughts about the demise of the ELCA merger, before it took place, 24 years ago. I documented all the homosexual activism taking place at that time, chapter and verse, with exact details and quotations. That issue of Christian News was sent all over ELCA, and to Lutheran groups as well. And yet the 2009 ELCA convention was a shock?

A late-comer to the Christian Faith has noted on Facebook that LIberalism: Its Cause and Cure also predicted the current situation in religion, even though it was published about 20 years ago. The book, hated by Shrinkers, became a minor best-seller for Northwestern Publishing House and began a relationship between Christian News and NPH in selling books.

Although that should be adequate proof, let me add a unique perspective that has developed, after I was ordained in 1973. As Uncle Roy has often said, "He knows everyone!" I have met church leaders from all denominations and studied under many men who are world-figures in theology. Add to that my experience with the LCMS, WELS, the Little Sect on the Prairie, and several micro-mini groups. Most people know one denomination, and sticking to one is a good career move. However, that also creates a parochial view that is blind to everything else.

People I have met, spoken to, or heard include: Paul Y. Cho, Charles Colson, James Kennedy, Robert Marshall, David Preus, Robert Preus, Jack Preus, Roland Bainton, Stan Hauerwas, Paul Holmer, John Howard Yoder, Nils Dahl, Sydney Ahlstrom, J. Pelikan, Kurt Marquart, David Scaer, and quite a few others. Real doctoral work means reading hundreds and books, and writing books demands the reading of many hundreds more.

Many contribute research to this blog without acknowledgement. They know the wrath of the UOJ Shrinkers, so they keep their pen names. Many details come from them, and they are in a position to know. Since I am routinely called a liar and slanderer, I check on the facts before I publish and I link whenever possible. There are several occasions when false stories were fed to my friends so WELS could call me a liar for publishing the lies they were promoting.

Reading Ichabod is a short-cut to Lutheran knowledge. The fact is, few can sit down and write from the same perspective and with the same freedom.

To paraphrase the fired former Synod President Gurgle - "To deny this would be false modesty, and that would be a sin."

---

LutherRocks has left a new comment on your post "The Oracle of Ichabod: Mystery of the Sistine Chape...":

I am laughing...I have not done much of this of late...I will sleep well tonight...


---

Brett Meyer has left a new comment on your post "The Oracle of Ichabod: Mystery of the Sistine Chape...":

The fact is, few can sit down and write from the same perspective and with the same freedom.

I disagree. Everyone can sit down and write with the same freedom. They decide not to. I'll let them consider why that is. From my perspective they decide not to publicly and faithfully defend and promote Christ's doctrines for fear. Fear of XYZ. Regardless the reason for the fear it is certainly not Godly, since Christ would have us contend openly as He provides the opportunities, and Oh! there are opportunities. But they do not, and the apostasy continues to advance, smothering the sheep and blinding the churches.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Mark 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

***

GJ - Ah, but Brett, you are focusing on the freedom part. I agree with that. Few have the same perspective. That was aimed at the lunk-heads in Church and Change (and Missouri counterparts). They keep repeating their talking points from seminary, never imagining that they were fed propaganda. Synodical spin is a tough sell in an academic setting. For instance, "It is true because Walther said so." That would create a yawn or a "Who?" in most universities.

Artful Dodger told me that the St. Louis Seminary put this spin on Walther kidnapping his niece and nephew: "They wanted to go to America."