Monday, July 11, 2011

Dropbox Alert


Ichabod kittehs have a new weapon tool - Dropbox. Large files can be exchanged easily - for free.


I have started to use Dropbox more often. A WELS pastor (name withheld) introduced me to it. The free technology allows me to share very large files, almost instantly.

I have sent invitations to some people who may enjoy it. If you want to be added, send me an email at:

gregjackson1948@qwest.net

Don't bother adding me to your spam lists. I have a filter for that, so only valid emails appear.

Dropbox can be handy for sharing files, for using different computers and having files available (instead of relying on the thumb drive).

Here is the link spelled out, in case you are a Mequon MDiv - https://www.dropbox.com

It is not a backup system, but it can be used for that.

I can picture using it to hold the backup of Ichabod, which is at least 50 megs. Big files cannot be emailed, normally. I tried to send a rough draft of the children's book by email. Epic Fail.