Sunday, July 31, 2011

Calling Doug Lindee. Calling Father Rydecki.
You've Got Mail



bored has left a new comment on your post "Intrepid Calls WELS Convention - Punk, Pass, and K...":

Daniel, Firstly nothing I wrote on Intrepid was ankle biting and I hope Fr. Rydecki or Lindee didn't interpret it that way. I also respect their refusal to publish anon comments.

I'm not going to put my name to group of people who confess to believe a false justification. I can hope the best about them--namely, that I hope the intrepids don't actually believe or teach UOJ; however, they have defended it and I hope they have been merely deceived into improper use of words, not into deceived into false belief.

I'll assume the best about each of them: That they truly believe JBFA. But I wouldn't "stand with them" or recommend them to anybody unless they recognize that UOJ is totally contrary to JBFA.

Either that or I want hear them affirm what the WELS states: That all people are righteous in God's sight due to a universal justification, apart from the means of grace. I'd be disappointed if they affirmed this, but at least we'd know where each of us stands.

I respect the Intrepids' efforts quite a lot, but if they ask for my signature I'm going to be pretty plain about what I think.

If anyone could direct Mr. Lindee and Fr. Rydecki to this comment I'd appreciate it. I think they stand to be a very strong positive Christian force in the WELS, but if they would succeed, the Intrepids need to repudiate UOJ and build their reform of the WELS on the solid Biblical doctrine of Justification by Faith Alone.

God only effects change in a man through the Means of Grace.